G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 17:22 -0400, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
>> I have been combing through sources, api webpages trying to find the
>> command or set of commands that will allow one to synchronize the
>> contents (frames) of a page(s) with the contents of the first one. I
>> have a special form that is not in the list that the wizard has but
>> would like to duplicate how it is done. I would prefer OOoBASIC
>> references but take what is available.
>>
>> TIA
>
> Perhaps my first question was too naive or too obscure to receive an
> answer so I will try again.
>
> I am attempting to create a template that will be used in the manner of
> one of the built-in labels. What I would like is to have my template
> synchronize in the same manner as the label. I am hoping that this
> feature is available programmatically but as I said in my first message,
> I cannot find the commands in the sources or the on-line documentation.
>
> So, assuming the synchronizing functions exist as I expect, can they be
> used in OOoBASIC?

Unfortunately the expert for these questions is not available ATM, so I
will do my very best.

IIRC a labels document is nothing else than a document containing a
lot of frames where all frame content links to the content of the first
frame. By changing the first frame and forcing an update of all links
the frames get synchronized.

The command triggering the synchronizing is available at least through
the dispatch API so it can be called on every document that has a view,
even a hidden one would suffice.

Perhaps you can create a simple labels document, save it and look into
the XML file to verify my assumptions. If they are true it should be
possible to use the same mechanism for other "coupled" frames in an
arbitrary document also.

Best regards,

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.