We render documents using the api.  For the most part
everything is great but performance.

Are there any ways I can tweak a bit more peformance?

For example we do not use the database, calc or
presenation components. Is there any way I can make
sure these components are not slowing things down?

If I built OpenOffice myself, is there anyway I could
optimise the build?

The documents we render are read only, is there any
way I can make sure that things like UI event
listeners aren't slowing things down, and if they are
how can I avoid this penalty?

If it helps our target operating system is windows.

thanks

kent gibson