Hi Frank, Ray,

Am Donnerstag, den 21.06.2007, 14:40 +0200 schrieb Frank Schönheit - Sun
Microsystems Germany:
> You loose the
> all-in-one-file then, of course, not sure how much this is a limitation
> in your scenario. Also, it still means you have two separate connections
> to the DB, while in your original sketch, you would have had one
> connection only. Again, not sure how much this is a limitation for you.

That will most likely be the case. But it makes me think about two
questions:

- Would this be doable with Äxl? Some ODBC-voodoo or the like?

- Could the internal HSQL data be dumped out (maybe in SQL like making a
complete dump of common sql server data) and pumped into a central
server?

Dumping an internal database would make the scenario of having one file
much more interesting. I'm using a similar approach for some very
heterogenous data from technical tests and sort of laboratory data.
These data items are stuck into a HDF5 file (Hierarchical Data Format -
work like a file system with paths, files and metadata in one file)
together with metadata and parameter files so that nothing get's lost -
you pack your file and go. Doing this with OO.o sounds promising.

Marc