Hi Ray,

> It is not a limitation.  It is more about design choice.  Losing
> "all-in-one-file" package convenience (for maintenance on user side),
> and losing OO Base GUI (for occasional manual admin.).  There is not
> much value left to keep OO Base in the integration list.  So OO Base
> is effectively out of the integration list if HSQLDB is run in
> standalone server mode, just like any other JDBC RDBMS.

Yes, this unfortunately might be the consequence.

> This is an interesting revelation.  Do you imply that it is possible
> in OO 2.2.0 to transport the java.sql.Connection object in the same
> JVM?

No, as far as I understood Stephan in the thread were we first discussed
this, it currently isn't. If not technical (what I cannot judge), then
by the fact of current implementations.

What I wanted to say is that such a feature - transport the Java object
via UNO - is (probably) impossible when it comes to two JVMs, at the latest.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -