Volker Lenhardt wrote:
How can I insert a sheet table from a text file (UTF-8) in Calc using Basic?

I only find the dispatcher with uno:insert, but what is the syntax? I don't get any further than to get the dialog to insert a table, but I want to use an existing URL directly.

Isn't there a way in the API?

OOo 2.1 (Windows XP), OOo 2.2 (SuSE Linux 10.1)

Regards, Volker

Although I will not demonstrate how to insert the file as a sheet, I can at least point you to code that will read it.

Look at AndrewBase.odt. I discuss CSV files. The macro named ReadFixedWidthFile(), creates a CSV file and then reads it into a Calc document. You might find something of use...

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm