On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 11:47:33PM -0400, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
> I was asked about a simple key handler in Calc. With the key handler, if
> you pressed the alt key, the event handler was called. Unfortunately, if
> you pressed the Ctrl key the event handler was not called.
>
> Pressing a combination with the Ctrl key worked as expected, and the
> Ctrl key was properly indicated in the attributes.
>
> Given that the com.sun.star.awt.XKeyHandler caused the handler to be
> called when I pressed the Alt key, I also expected it to be called when
> I pressed the Ctrl key.

Let me start with stating that I have no experience at all using the XKeyHandler
class that you are using. Having said that, when generally using OOo, pressing
the Alt key activates the File menu on my system (Linux). This doesn't happen
with other applications.
also, I cannot assign any Alt-key combinations to OOo events under Tools -
Customize - Keyboard.

Perhaps that is the explanation why the Alt key triggers the XKeyHandler?

Greets, Wouter van Reeven

--

People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"