Hi Hal,

[...]

>> I think I've been told, and likely here, that in 2.0.x, print
>> listeners like this are no longer necessary, but I'm having a bit of
>> a problem searching and finding this comment and what the background
>> is.
>>
>> In 2.0.x, can I print, then close the document without listening for
>> when the print job is done?  Can someone confirm this for me?  I've
>> been stuck on this problem for about a month (I thought it was other
>> possibilities, and had another couple issues as well) and I'm at a
>> point where I need to solve it and my client is, understandably,
>> anxious about it.
>
> Tried it without the print listener and it crashed.  Guess it still
> needs listeners.

I wrote a little Java program being able to do the same you want to do.
It opens a document, prints it and closes it. Calling the program again
prints the next document,...

I also ran into troubles without the print listener. Closing the
document too fast will crash the print job. A print job listener is good
for other reasons, too.

I can send you my code if needed. Its an easy thing. But well, its late
in Europe and you wont get much help around this time...

Greetings, Tobias