Am Dienstag, den 11.09.2007, 10:15 +0200 schrieb Carsten Driesner:
> Hi Dietmar,
>
> ...You can use the complex toolbar controller feature with BASIC. ...
I am at my wits' end.
My understanding up to now is: I have the configuration file
"ProtocolHandler.xcu" where I define a handler that is passing to me
events defined in the URL of my toolbar elements. Now I just need to
create an initializer and a listener to catch these events. Here I am
stuck, I admit I am not deep enough into the heart of UNO to understand
the online SDK sufficiently to know what to do in BASIC now. The example
is of course object oriented and without knowing the objects in detail
it is tough to understand.
So here is the deal I want to offer. Someone please take me by the hand
to find my way (I already googled, obviously I am the first) and I will
write a comprehensive code snippet or wiki (your choice) for followers
in BASIC and support them through the forums.
Next steps would be: how to create the initializer and then listen to
the events.
> Anyway using C++ or Java would give you much more flexibility.

provided that this winter will be as awful as it's promising right now,
I intend to learn C++ - not for OOo though. It will be the 11th
programming language for me after having started in 1980 with COBOL...

Thanks in advance
        Dietmar