Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply, now i can store my dataSource! I still have a few issues with the merge, but at least i'm back on the track :)

Is it really the exception message which tells the data source has an
XStorable? I know that the Dev Guide talks about this - unfortunately,
the guide is wrong (I plan to update it in this matter as soon as it's
finally Wiki-fied.).
Well, it's at least how I interpret it:
com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The data source was not saved. Please use the interface XStorable to save the data source.

So it doesn't say it explicitly, but i might not be the only one who reads it that way... The documentation does not mention a XDocumentDataSource whatsoever, at least not where i looked (as being implemented by the DataSource service)....
Actually, there is a duality between a DataSource and a DatabaseDocument
- each data source has exactly one database document associated with it,
and vice versa. The XStorable interface exists at the document only,
*not* at the data source.

So, you need to
- query your data source for the XDocumentDataSource interface
- use the getDatabaseDocument method to retrieve the associated
  database document
- query the document for the XStorable interface
yep, that did the trick :)
(side note: When you query the document for the XOfficeDatabaseDocument
interface, you can use its getDataSource method to retrieve the data
source - which is the same as the one with which you started.)
okay, that seems a nice thing, i'll give it a try.

Thank again for the quick replies!

cheers,

Willem