Hi all,
Trying to write these Basic macros is extremely frustrating. I'm sure I'm
missing some basic documentation somewhere but I can't find it for the life
of me.
I have written the follow macro:
Function SimpSet(ProcessString) As String
        Dim Position As Integer
        Position = InStr(ProcessString, ".")
        SimpSet = mid(ProcessString, Position)
end
In cell A1 I have abc.def In cell B1 I have =SimpSet(A1)
My objective is to wind up with abc in cell B1. When I run the macro I
get "BASIC runtime error. Argument is not optional. I can find no reference
to this extremely informative error message and I have no idea how to debug
the code. Is there anyone out there who can:
1. Tell me what the error is and where exactly I can find out that kind of
information so I can do it myself in the future?
Thanks,
Jonathan
Please do not send me copies of list mail. I read the lists. Thanks!