Hi Alexandro,

thank you for your mail. Although it did not solve my problem, it was
very interesting:

> -> /usr/share/applications/defaults.list
> This file contains the applications which cause a double-click success.
> All Mime types will point to a desktop file.

This file contains the line:
-----%<-----
application/x-dia-diagram=dia-common.desktop
-----%<-----
and is thus correct.

> -> /usr/share/applications/[application_name].desktop
> This is the file where "defaults.list" will point to. One of the most
> important things inside this file is the entry "MimeType=".

The file dia-common.desktop exists and has correct information in it.

> -> /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
> Contains information in similar form shown for file "defaults.list" in
> same directory. This file contains ALL associations given to a mime
> type. There is no need for a specified order of desktop files (see XMMS
> example lateron)

This file again contains the line:
-----%<-----
application/x-dia-diagram=dia-common.desktop
-----%<-----
and is thus correct.

> -> /usr/share/mime (Directory)
> This directory contains several information. The sub-directories -
> excluding packages - contain information about given mime types. You'll
> see that many mime types already exist.
> The packages directory contains the DATABASE calles freedesktop.org.xml!

The corresponding file for Dia diagrams is
/usr/share/mime/application/x-dia-diagram.xml exists and has correct
contents.

> -> /usr/share/mime/globs
> This file contains the file extensions, associated to the mime-types.

Contains the line:
application/x-dia-diagram:*.dia
and is correct again.

Nonetheless OpenOffice opens Firefox when trying to open a Dia diagram
with the command SystemShellExecute.execute(<document>).

But thanks for your hints. Has anybody some background information or
should I file an issue?

Greetings, Tobias