Hi Paolo,

Paolo Mantovani wrote:
Hi Giuseppe,

Il mercoledì 19 marzo 2008 12:46:05 Giuseppe Castagno ha scritto:
Hi all,

After I successfully opened a package (e.g. an ODT document) with Java
using UCB low level APIs, I tried to read the content of one of the
contained streams.

With no luck so far. Is there somewhere some example about how to do that?

After I successfully opened it with (sorry for the ugly indentation):
<Java code>
[....]
XContentIdentifier xIdPackStream =
xIdFactory.createContentIdentifier(aThePackageUrl+"/META-INF/manifest.xml")
;
[....]
It seems the wrong approach since xResultSet throws an exception.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Perhaps I've been facing a similar problem in past:
If you are using a vnd.sun.star.pkg:// protocol you cannot access the /META-INF/manifest.xml because it is actually part of the format
Please, see the following:
http://api.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=dev&by=thread&from=1590673
http://api.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=dev&by=thread&from=1590934
http://api.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=13383

thanks for the pointers, anyway I found that odf4j is better suited for may case, since with it it's easier to parse the xml components and the binary componens of the ODF package.

greetings from the foggy Ferrara :-)

greetings from somewhere near 2006 Olimpic Winter Games mountain area ;-).

Giuseppe.

--
Kind Regards,
Giuseppe Castagno