I am trying set the SectionLeftMargin property of an XTextSection.... :

xPropSet.setPropertyValue("SectionLeftMargin", new Long(762));

The above raises an IllegalArgumentException...

The section document describes the SectionLeftMargin property as a
"long" datatype..

http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/text/TextSection.html#SectionLeftMargin

The following works without raising exceptions :

xPropSet.setPropertyValue("SectionLeftMargin", new Integer(762));

When I view the section properties using XRay, SectionLeftMargin is
indicated as a "long" type again...
so its not the case of the documentation being wrong..

Is this a bug or am I reading the documentation wrong ?

(Java 1.5, Openoffice 2.3.1 , Windows xp... )

ashok