Hi othman,

Have a look at the developers guides:
Adding a chart to a spreadsheet is explained here including a java example:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Charts/Creating_and_Adding_a_Chart_to_a_Spreadsheet

To get an existing chart within a sheet, look at the same example. Use the method getByName() at the XTableCharts interface. Where com.sun.star.chart.XChartDocument is used in the example you can use com.sun.star.chart2.XChartDocument instead.

Kind regards,
Ingrid

othman wrote:
Hi Ingrid,
Sorry i encountered a first problem .
in last email you said:
Ingrid Halama wrote:
Query your chart document for interface com::sun::star::chart2::XChartDocument

Well I'm not sure how i can get an instance to chart document.
at the beginning there are no charts attached to current spreadsheet .so
should i create an empty com::sun::star::chart2::XChartDocument ? i'm not sure if i misunderstood your statement . my problem is from where i
can get an instance to com::sun::star::chart2::XChartDocument . i only have
reference to current spreadsheet document (XSpreadSheetDocument) .is it
possible to create a new chart document from my spreadsheet document ? if
yes how to do that ?

thanks for helping.