Hi Ingrid,
thanks for the very useful links . thanks also to Daniels for providing
chart2 types.

for my Y axis i have double values; so i suppose i can handle the ranges for
y axis easily with properties Min, Max , StepMain via ChartAxis service.
however my x axis holds dates in the format mm/dd/yyyy . i suppose I'll need
to convert Date objects to doubles to be able to format the ranges right ?
is there a way to set a Max Date , Min date and step date (1 day) via the
ChartAxis service ? or should i use java code to convert dates to doubles
then sets the properties double values in X axis property ?

thanks.