Hello John,

On Friday 16 January 2009 16:52, John Hayes wrote:
> Hello again,
>

> Just making sure no one replied to this original email - I'm not on the

no, no one replied.

> dev@api.openoffice.org list, so if replying please "Reply All." Also,

you can read the mail archive at
http://api.openoffice.org/servlets/SummarizeList?listName=dev

> apologies for the cross-post, but if no one can help on dev@, perhaps the
> users@ list can. Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

oh no, there you have even less chances to get an answer.
You may have to write to d...@openoffice.org or d...@graphics.openoffice.org,
where
you'll find the developer/s who designed that API.

> I'm completely new to the OOo UNO API, and I have been completely
> unsuccessful in finding info on adding motion path animations to an XShape
> in Impress. I was told (in IRC) that it involves querying the
> com::sun::star::animations::XAnimationNodeSupplier interface from a page in
> my document, then somehow adding SMIL nodes to the root node through that,
> but to be honest I don't understand how to do that at all.
>

> Could someone please shed some light on this subject for a complete newbie
> like myself? Example code that adds a motion path animation to a shape
> would be most helpful, but I'll take whatever I can get right now!

I guess nobody answered you because nobody knows. At least, I have no idea,
never tried that (nor understand what a "motion path Animation to an XShape"
is).
On the other hand, Draw/Impress API is the worst document OOo API (just go to
the Dev's Guide and see the holes in the documentation, lots of features for
which there is already an API are not even mentioned).
And if you take a look at the documentation for the module in question
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/animations/module-ix.html
you'll see missing descriptions for

TargetPropertiesCreator
XAnimationNode
XAnimationNodeSupplier
XAudio
TimeFilterPair
ValuePair
Timing
AnimationEndSync
AnimationValueType
EventTrigger
TransitionSubType
TransitionType

so lucky you if you can get an idea of how things work with the animation API
ust by reading the abstract specification.

If I compare this state with
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/sdb/application/CopyTableWizard.html
I come to the concusion that some developers don't care much about API users.
So luck with them at d...@openoffice.org or d...@graphics.openoffice.org.
[If you find the answers, please come back and tell]

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.