Devin,

You need the ViewCursor and find out if there is a ViewCursor.textTable

if not isempty(viewCusor.texttable)......

the download xray :-)

Hope it helps

Hello. I'm using pyuno and writer documents. I want to duplicate rows that contain certain words. Currently I'm doing this by looking at each cell and searching it for the text, ignoring results past the end of the cell's XTextRange.

This would be a lot easier if I could locate the containing row and table with just the search result.

I think I can use range.getText() to find the containing cell, and I even see cell.CellName, but then I don't know how to find the containing table.

Any helpful pointers?