Hi Guiseppe,

>>> Now my questions, keeping in mind that at a certain time I need to
>>> access the "META-INF" substorage to manipulate a custom file (read and
>>> write).

I did not read the whole Thread. Here an Idea, how to get your needed path:
-----%<-----
// Return value
String currentPath = null;

// Get URL of the class
URL sourceURL = TheJudasConfigHandler.class.getProtectionDomain()
                .getCodeSource().getLocation();

URI sourceURI;
try {
        sourceURI = new URI(sourceURL.toString());
        File source = new File(sourceURI);
        if (source.getCanonicalPath().toString().endsWith(".jar")) {
                // If this class is located within a JAR File, get the
                // path of it
                currentPath = source.getParentFile().getCanonicalPath()
                                + File.separator;
        } else {
                currentPath = source.getCanonicalPath()
                                + File.separator;
        }
} catch (URISyntaxException e) {
        throw new Exception(e);
} catch (IOException e) {
        throw new Exception(e);
}

File globalConfigPath = new File(new File(currentPath)
                .getParent() + System.getProperty("file.separator")
                + "META-INF" + System.getProperty("file.separator"));

I hope this helps.

Greetings, Tobias