Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:

> So, if this turns out to be too much effort (means I simply do not
> have/get the time for this), then I would still argue for a lot of small
> steps which actually happen, than a little big step which never happens
> at all. XView::getZoom is a problem I have *now*.

Sorry, where is the problem? Does a "2" in an interface name let your
code crash or create maintenance problems? Does it create bugs, make
your program slower?

I don't buy your argument that a "2" in an interface name makes our API
less compelling. It didn't prevent millions of developers from using COM
APIs on Windows and no serious developer will be held back by it in OOo.
 It would be embarrassing to have each and every interface in AWT
doubled for the "get" methods, and I can see value in the complete
overhaul, but I don't see an urgent need for changing this in a single
interface.

Regards,

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".