Am Freitag, den 29.01.2010, 12:02 +0100 schrieb Cor Nouws:
> Marc Santhoff wrote (29-01-10 00:35)
>
> > I would name this a dangerous security hole. Is it possible to switch it
> > off using a configuration setting?
>
> Well, to turn it off with a macro, the user has to accept to run that macro.
> So I do not understand which hole you mean.

I was worried about something else:
If the user allows a macro to run this macro could switch off macro
security without getting noticed by the user. After this has been done
any macro would run without warning.

But generally it is better to think a little longer before writing
mails. If the user chooses to trust a macro the potential damage is
already done, so it makes no difference. To be sure a macro programm has
to be read and checked line by line anyways (and signed afterwards).

Sorry for the noise, it's just I didn't know yet macro security could be
changed programmatically.

Marc

--
Warning: Do not look directly into laser with remaining eye.