Hi Juergen,

> Well, i assume you have to know the extension identifier anyway. The
> PackageInformationProvider singleton is your friend to retrieve the
> extension root directory. From there you can reference everything in the
> extension hierarchy ...

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread ;), I am aware of this. However,
this burdens all client code with the task to assemble such an URL into
the extension hierarchy, and it would lead to multiple different ways
how an extension would store this information.

An UCP has the advantage that the extension just puts an abstract URL
into the configuration, and each client code simply uses this URL like
it would use any other URL, with *all* components which understand URLs
(including, but not limited to, the graphics provider).

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         frank.schoenh...@sun.com -