On 10/22/2010 09:01 PM, Frank Schönheit wrote:

As a sketch for the later evolution, we think that the
XUndoManagerSupplier comes handy here: The chart model would be such a
supplier, and for the moment, it would return an own, model-local
instance of the XUndoManager. The later extension would be to let it
provide the XUndoManager of the embedding document.

In theory, this should be completely transparent to the client, which
would simply add its actions to another instance, without actually
noticing it.

In practice, the concrete XUndoAction implementations of course might
need to be adjusted (what if you do changes to the chart, then delete
the chart, then do Undo multiple times? The chart Undo actions might
have a reference to an outdated chart model then.). Also, you would not
want to provide, in the menu/toolbox, Undo actions of the embedding
document while the Chart is activated.

I'm still worried about the problem I foresee, but we can postpone that until things get more concrete.

Regardless of this, we agreed that in this first step, we will migrate
Chart's XUndoManager to the new one, laying a common ground in all
applications this way, which will also be prepared for the
above-mentioned changes.

Ciao
Frank

PS: If only a Writer developer could lend me a hand for implementing the
new ::svl::IUndoManager interface on top of Writer's own home-grown Undo
implementation, the whole thing would be nearly finished :)
Sure. :-)
As promised, we will do our very best.

Regards,

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS