On 10/28/2010 10:03 AM, Frank Schönheit wrote:
Hi Mathias,

I think that editing of OLE objects (and linked sheets are just a
variant of them) should stay as they are: while you are editing the
object, you might be able to undo parts of the editing, but after
leaving the OLE object all changes made in this session can only be
undone as a whole. A new API can't remove the intrinsic limitations of
this concept.

Not sure I'd sign this. Technically, I could imagine the embedded object
adding Undo actions to the Undo manager of the container document
(letting those actions survive/handle the temporary destruction of the
embedded object when it is deactivated is, well, a challenge only, not
an impossibility, I suppose :) ).

Whether this is desired from an UX point of view might be a different
question.

This will break at least if the OLE object is not an OOo object. :-P
Besides that, of course nothing is impossible in software.

Regards,

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS
Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".