Hi Mathias,

On 25.05.2011 16:40, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> On 25.05.2011 14:32, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
>
>> How can I define a quickhelp text for each toolbar item? It seems that
>> by default the label of the toolbar item is used as the quickhelp
>> (tooltip?) text, and that does not exhibit the shortcut key by
>> underlying it.
>
> Indeed the quickhelp text is the label. It *should* exhibit the
> shortcut key that is assigned to the same command as the toolbar item,
> if you make sure that the keyboard configuration was created before
> the toolbar was created. If not, this would be a "missing feature" ;-).
>
> As I wrote, the accelerator key was shown for built-in commands and
> for basic macros. So I don't see a general reason why it shouldn't
> work for scripts.
>
>>> As an example, I configured "SHIFT-ALT-G" for "Insert-Gallery" in the
>>> keyboard configuration. The "view" menu (don't ask me why the menu has
>>> it in "view", the config in "insert" ;-)) immediately shows the new
>>> accelerator, the toolbar quickhelp doesn't. If I now open a new
>>> document, its toolbar shows the accelerator in the quickhelp text of
>>> the "Gallery" button.
>> Just tried this via "Tools->Customize", but it did not work with the
>> toolbar item.
>
> *what* did you try? My example with ".uno:Gallery" or your script/macro?
Your example.

> In case you didn't notice, it is necessary to create the toolbar
> *after* you have configured the shortcut, e.g. by opening a new
> document window.
Did try that, even shut down all instances of OOo writer.

It's OOo 3.2.1 though, so maybe that does not work with that "old" version?

In any case I changed the program to first define and store the
accelerations and then create the toolbar items.

Probably I will add a menu in addition, hoping that it will underline
the shortcut letters.

>> P.S.: One observation: it is not possible to delete the programmatically
>> created toolbar using "Tools ->  Customize" as the delete option is
>> greyed out. One can delete the individual toolbar items and make the
>> toolbar empty and on the next restart the toolbar seems to have gone.
>
> I don't know if this is a bug or by intent, sorry.
No problem.

Thank you *very* much for your help and insights!

Best regards,

---rony