hi,

Thank you for your reply. I really agree with the positioning problem you
mentioned. The positioning of a product is very important.

On this issue, I would like to add two points, which are also the original
intention of my discussion.

1. In the Internet scenario, more and more services will be opened in the form
of pages. which we temporarily call "pages share". In this scenario, the
definition of services is not limited to the traditional background
microservices, and wechat mini programs are a good example.

2. If there is a static page in the upstream service, the function of APISIX as
the entry will degenerate into a "seven layer load with flow control". For
example, "/ user" microservice, in the traditional scenario, we can control the
granularity of "/ user / qryinfo"; "/ user / add"; "/ user / del". However, if
there are static pages in the user service, we can only forward all / user / *
to the upstream, and can't do fine-grained control.

These are my ideas about static page management. Welcome to discuss.

------------------ ???????? ------------------
??????:&nbsp;"Zhang Qiang"<dotslash...@gmail.com&gt;;
????????:&nbsp;2020??4??21??(??????) ????0:29
??????:&nbsp;"dev"<dev@apisix.apache.org&gt;;

????:&nbsp;Re: Hopefully, APISIX will enable the management of static resources

I raised a question similar to this days ago.&nbsp; But I had some
after-thoughts after the team kindly replied it??s not possible without
writing some Nginx configurations to serve static content&nbsp; on the gateway
server now.

I thought Apisix it self is not aimed to replace Nginx, it??s an **API**
Gateway for micro services, serving content on the gateway itself is
against the best practice of micro-service. In micro-service??s context, you
do one thing with a component and do it well. To do so I think it??s better
to create a service which serves static files.

This is just my two cents, if this feature is really implemented by the
team, I??ll also welcome it.

15717900 <15717...@qq.com&gt;??2020??4??20?? ????????10:52??????

&gt; hello
&gt; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; Static resource management is split into two nginx
in some
&gt; scenarios, with some performance loss. Is it possible to solve the problem
&gt; of static resources by means of plug-ins. Also, the A/B testing of static
&gt; resources needs to be considered along with it.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Thanks,
&gt; Wei Guo