I looks like stdlib isn't being included, so the compiler is assuming that
malloc is defined as "int malloc(int)", but it has to return a void *, so
it is complaining.  Could you look in apr_private.h, and ensure that
HAVE_STDLIB_H is being defined to be 1.

Thanks,

Ryan

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Sam TH wrote:

> I was trying to compile apr on a powerpc-apple-beos machine, and ran
> into the following quite strange error:
>
> ake[1]: Entering directory `/boot/home/apr/lib'
> cc -DBEOS -DBEOS  -c -I../include -I../include/arch/beos apr_pools.c
> ### mwcc Compiler Error:
> #     return malloc(reqsize);
> #                           ^
> #   cannot convert
> #   'int' to
> #   'void *'
> #----------------------------------------------------------
>     File "/boot/home/apr/lib/apr_pools.c"; Line 905
> #----------------------------------------------------------
>
> What's strange about this is that malloc is defined in posix/stdlib.h
> as
>
> void *malloc(size_t size);
>
> so I really can't see what's being converted that the compiler doesn't
> like.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?
>
>       sam th
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
>       GnuPG Key:
>       http://www.abisource.com/~sam/key

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131