On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 03:38:45PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Why do we add the additional complexity of a src/ directory within apr-util?
> Can't we keep to the same simplicity as apr itself?  Suggesting, therefore,
> that we aught to have apr-util/buckets rather than apr-util/src/buckets.
> The extra branch doesn't accomplish anything for us, and makes it harder
> to jump between repositories.

Two reasons:

1) we locate all the objects to add to the library using "find". it is
   easier to find them under "src/" rather than enumerating each source
   subdir. We can't use "." because that would pick up "test/".

2) to keep the top-level cleaner. we have eight groups of functionality in
   apr-util/src/. tossing those up a level would make that a bit more
   confusing. Currently, the top-level has: build/, docs/, include/, src/,
   and test/. Each is obvious in purpose.

Cheers,
-g

--