Notes regarding HP-UX compilation with latest CVS snapshots
of httpd-2.0, apr, and apr-util:

config.guess: hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00
uname: HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800
HP's Ansi C compiler (non-free): HP C/HP-UX Version A.11.01.00
MPM: prefork

Let me know if you want more details about the hardware and
software setup.  The key is HP-UX 11.00 with HP's C compiler.

apr_sendfile doesn't have an implementation in APR defined for
HP-UX.  I do know that HP has different sendfile() semantics than
Solaris or FreeBSD.  I seem to remember Linus Torvalds mentioning
on lkml that HP-UX had "braindamage" in its sendfile implementation:

http://lists.insecure.org/linux-kernel/2001/Jan/2978.html

I am in no position to judge the merits of HP-UX's sendfile
implementation, but I *do* know that HP has done some weird things
in the past.  So, it may be best to detect it and automatically
disable apr_sendfile on this platform (even if it has a native
sendfile implementation).  I'm not familiar enough (yet) with HP-UX's
sendfile or APR to offer a workable solution.

There were some compiler warnings, but I didn't really pay attention
to those (seemed mostly harmless).  But, I can submit the output from
make if anybody is interested.  Since pthread is new in HP-UX 11.xx,
it might not be a terribly bad idea to test out the MPM pthreads model
as well (I used prefork) - if I get a chance later today, I might do so.

Once I manually disabled APR_SENDFILE in apr.h, it compiled, built,
and ran.  It served the manuals fine.  I don't really plan on stress
testing it too much (unless someone wants me to).

If desired, I can also dig up some time on an IBM AIX 4.3 box to test.
Not sure if anyone has confirmed AIX yet.

Hope this helps,
Justin Erenkrantz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]