> So far it seems counterproductive to build a threaded APR app on
> FreeBSD.  I suggest that APR needs logic like the following:
>
>   if FreeBSD:
>     if --enable-threads specified,
>       abort configure with an error message
>     else
>       configure without thread support
>
> Maybe other apps work fine (so far :) ) using threaded APR on BSD?
>
> Thoughts?  It is pretty sucky to disable thread support, but it is
> even worse to present it as working and end up tracking down weird
> problems caused by the way we tickle the thread library or perhaps
> just the thread library itself.

I would suggest just putting this into hints.m4 for APR, so that we
automagically disable threading on FreeBSD for anything before
4.2-STABLE.  Rumor is that 4.2-STABLE has valid thread support.

I would rather not put this in configure.in, because this is the kind of
thing hints.m4 was designed for.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131