At 12:16 PM 05/21/2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2001, Sander Striker wrote:
> dreid> Why not stick to the standard apr format of
> dreid>
> dreid> apr_status_t abort_fn(char *sourcefile, int lineno);
>
> striker> Ahh, there is such a function? I need to do a lot of digging into
> APR.

Hmm... yeah, that's a point. Then again, if the abort_fn is basically just abort(), then it's pretty easy to do a debugger backtrace and get all the sourcefile/lineno information for the entire call stack that way.

Assuming you have that debugging info available. If you've stripped the executable, or didn't compile with any debug info, that won't work terribly well.

I really don't think we should be adding sourcefile/lineno arguments to ALL of the SMS functions...

If you do this, then for those memory systems where you do have to call free, you can have a debug build where you track the filename and line number of each allocation, and when exiting, report the ones that were never freed. I'm not sure if this would be at all useful in APR, though. Do any of the memory systems require explicit calls to free, or is everything done through cleanups now?

--
Greg Marr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]