On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 12:30:59PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

is there anybody out there who really understands, or has used,
pipes on NT?

CreateIoCompletionPort!  that's the one!!!  dammit, not
WaitNamedPipeHandleState, what am i talking about.

okay, just looking at  the online MSDN on ms's site,
the function i am referring to that is somewhat equivalent
to listen/accept, esp. for use in multi-threaded code,
is CreateIoComplationPort.

i could be wrong: it may be possible to just use the
message-based functions CallNamedPipe, TransactNamedPipe
etc.

help, help, who really 'gets' this stuff?

[i understand what it looks like over-the-wire when
this stuff happens over SMB, but have no connection
back to the Win32 APIs that *generate* that network
traffic!]

luke