On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 10:58:17AM -0700, Brian Pane wrote:
>   * The parent pool should control the cleanup of its children
>     to ensure timely resource release (important for memory, but
>     even more important for file descriptors).  In the case of
>     an httpd with a high request volume, this cleanup needs to
>     happen for a request and all its subrequests right after
>     the response is sent; otherwise we

Correct except for the case of a parent/child relationship across
threads as the parent can't cleanup the children in this case.

FWIW, I'm not talking about the SMS used for a request.  It could be
cleaned up (i.e. reset) after the request is completed (exactly like
it is now - no code changes).  It'd free the resources - just like now.
We're simply divorcing its ancestor (the per-thread SMS) from the
per-process SMS.  The children of this per-thread SMS still have the
same manner of operation as before.  -- justin