On Thursday 18 October 2001 10:44 am, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Here is yet another patch.  When compared with the previous patch,
> this one adds the native status to the parameter lists of
> apr_proc_wait() and apr_proc_wait_all_procs().  Fewer MPM changes are
> necessary.
>
> missing: fix the doc in apr_thread_proc.h
>          roll the changes into apr/threadproc/foo/proc.c, foo != unix
>
> untested, but there isn't much to screw up
>
> The interfaces are the important thing to look at.

I am missing something here.  This patch requires us to use the non-portable
W* macros in Apache.  That is wrong.  This patch does not help APR to be
more portable, rather it allows programs that use APR to continue to use
non-portable constructs to solve the problem.  I would fully expect that in
order for this to be done correctly, we will need to modify
ap_process_child_status in mpm_common.c to not use the W* functions.  If we
do anything else, then we have not helped APR to be portable.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]