"Sander Striker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > *slight complication...  during this sed trauma, autoconf 2.53 became
> > the default autoconf on daedalus, and it doesn't get along well with
> > APR;
>
> Is that *BSD specific?  ac2.53 works fine for me on linux with APR.

perhaps...

The first fun comes during buildconf processing:

$ ./buildconf
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: autoconf version 2.53 (ok)
buildconf: libtool version 1.3.4 (ok)
Copying libtool helper files ...
Creating include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.in ...
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: `include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.in' is created
Creating configure ...

during configure I get these messages like this when creating each of
the make files (probably not a fatal condition):

config.status: creating Makefile
mv: Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1121/0): Operation not permitted

make works, so I overreacted about all the messages.

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Born in Roswell... married an alien...