Quoting Jeff Trawick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Another factor is that not every portability issue affecting
> applications that use APR is going to be adopted by APR as a problem
> that it can or should solve. Some issues will always pop up for certain
> apps, and whether or not APR provides a clean way to check the platform
> isn't going to change that fact.

So, what you're proposing is that APR provide mechanisms for people to write platform-specific code? That's in direct conflict with our mission to provice "predictable if not identical" behaviour across platforms.

If you look at it as "providing a predictable and identical method of determining the platform at compile time" then it fully supports APR's mission. When APR doesn't provide the functionality that the application needs, and it's pretty much a given that there is SOMETHING that APR hasn't covered yet, it can at least provide the mechanisms for determining the platform in a predictable fashion.

--
Greg Marr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]