On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 11:22:00AM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> If you agree with the assumption that we can't throw away the reason
> for the cast but need something in the source file to help us
> remember, then it becomes a question of  the clearest way to preserve
> the information.
>
> To me, using a special cast like that is as clear as a comment, more
> concise than a comment, and more likely to be consistently applied and
> easily found when looking for these problems than a comment.

I think comments would be much clearer because they'd remove the "huh?"
factor when you read the code for the first time without knowing what
the macro means.  But I don't care enough to go and revert the changes
and probably nobody else is paying attention so I guess let's give up
and go do something useful.

joe