On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Oh, please don't.  We have *no* idea what the changes are or whether we'll
> even ultimately accept them.  Please branch Allen's changes off in a
> sandbox (cp trunk branches/64-bit-changes) - let him get a workable version
> that we can then review, and then merge it in once we're done.  But, these
> changes are too drastic and unknown to do the development in trunk.  --

I'm sick of all talk and no action.  We tried this last year when we were
"almost" ready to branch APR 1.0 and all action on that front ceased
entirely for a YEAR.  This time it's one or the other.  I'll wait 24 hours
at most to hear opinions.  Whichever route gets the most support wins.

So far we have:

  trunk remains 1.1, 64-bit is sandboxed:
     jwoolley, jerenkrantz

  trunk becomes 2.0: