On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 01:03:40PM +0100, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> >I'd like to turn the svn:eol-style attribute off for the windown build
> >files (files ending in .dsp, .dsw and win32ver.awk), and have them
> >stored in win32 new-line format in the repository.
> >
> >Any objections?
>
> I'm not sure you can use the .dsw and .dsp file outside windows,

They can't be used outside of Windows, they are visual studio files.

> and on windows the files are already in CRLF when checked out
> on that platform.

The problem is that I am checking out on a non-windows platform, but
trying to use them on Windows.

> IMO any .zip source distro should be made with CRLF line endings for all
> non-binary files, so again no problem there.

Yep.

> I see no real reason why they should be forced to have the CRLF line
> endings in all cases.

Why not? My real reason is wanting to have a single checkout for windows
and unix work. I'd like to halve the workload associated with verifying
changes. Visual studio can handle the unix endlines in all of the .c and
.h files just fine, it's only the build files that are breaking things,
and these are windows-only files.

> So, yes, I think it's useless to enforce something like that.

But the files make zero sense in anything other than CRLF format. Using
\n makes them invalid files.

--
Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]