William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
I thought the concensus was that the MSVC's own destructor callbacks
were more interesting, since they would permit apr to be statically
bound to the app?

I would really like to see the code Brane mentioned.

On that note, doesn't this patch break if you statically link your
app to apr *and* provide your own DllMain?

It doesn't break. It only behaves like without the patch,
cause the patch is compiled-in by #define dependent on
the DLL apr build.

It's great to continue to discuss this on trunk, but would you please
hold off any backporting till those questions are resolved?

Sure. I'm waiting on the trick Branko said its possible.

Regards,
Mladen.