Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
Paul Querna wrote:
I agree, and the interesting bit is that 95% of that patch is to autoconf, making it auto-detect stuff better, the portability is already there in the C code.
Whats the deal with cygwin on Vista ? I'm at least 'decent' with autoconf, but I think vista is in the way of me doing anything. In the rare cases that I'm on windows its definitely something I want there.

I know I've compiled subversion 1.4.x from source there at one point.

Cygwin is a whole different ballgame.

IMO, MinGW+MSYS is the way to go, since we already have native win32 code, there is no reason for another semi-broken indirection layer like Cygwin to just get in the way.

-Paul