Hi Brian,

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 22:02:56 UTC, Brian Havard
<brian.hav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Paul Smedley
> <pauldes...@despamsmedley.id.au> wrote:
>
> > Wondering if there is anyone still actively maintaining the OS/2
> > source code in APR?
>
> I was doing it but no, I haven't done anything for quite a long time...
>
> > My current apr diff (which needs tidying up) is at
> > http://smedley.info/apr-1.3.3.diff
>
> One comment I'd make is that you seem to be veering away from the
> original design philosophy which is to always use native API calls in
> preference to C library functions that emulate unix system calls. This
> is to maximise performance and control. I'd be against commiting any
> code that fails to follow this style without a pretty good reason.
I'll try take this into account when submitting the patches.  I do
recall there were a couple of cases (like the pipe functionality)
where select() will fail is the OS/2 Dos*Pipe API's were used - hence
the switch to the Unix code - only in the case of klibc being used.

I'm moving house in 10 days - once we're settled in I'll make an
effort to clean things up and submit the revised patches.

--
Cheers,

Paul.