On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 02:00:00PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 03:05:29PM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
> >> [ ] Yes
> >> [X] No
> >
> > I vote no: what other ASF projects ship has no bearing on API
> > commitments made by the APR project.
>

> You cannot ethically vote to release ASF software at one project and
> declare it not-released at another project.  That slight of hand renders
> your vote invalid.

Say *what* now?  This is getting silly.  In case it is unclear to
anybody else voting, I am not asking you to vote on whether the httpd
alpha is a release of the ASF.  I'd hope the answer to that question was
obvious to everybody.

I am asking people to vote on whether the APR project considers that
release of the ASF to be significant for APR library versioning
purposes.  That is a decision which can be made by the APR project, as
we agreed in the other thread.

I'm sorry if the wording of the vote didn't make that clear enough. If
any voter was not clear about this when voting, please reconsider your
position.

Regards, Joe