That's my thought as well... Due to the apr/apr-util combination
in 2.0, it's actually easier to add to 1.6 and then port to 2.0
(since apr_redis is in apr-util), then the reverse (and typical
method).

Any idea why we are using apr_socket_sendv() in apr_memcache?
Using apr_socket_send() would be easier but maybe for parity
I should continue w/ the vecs.

Also, unless people have an issue, I prefer using the "telnet"
method for the client (ala Credis) rather than the more cumbersome
method.