On 17 December 2016 at 21:47, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> APR is C-T-R. If it is larger or significant change/addition, discussion on
> list first is great, but most of APR has been JDI.

OK/

> As 1.6 is unreleased, whatever goes in trunk that does -not- break backwards
> binary compat can go right into 1.6 as well.

The problem that currently it's very hard to find minimum Windows
version that support particural API, because MSDN lists Windows XP as
minimum version for almost all APIs. Even for function that existed in
Windows 4.0. See GetProcAddress() for example [1]

As far I understand minimum supported Windows for APR 1.6.x is Windows
95. Is it correct? Anyway I don't have even Windows NT 4.0 test
environment. Even more: Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0 and 2000 is cannot be
legally downloaded due Java settlement [2].

[1]
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683212(v=vs.85).aspx