On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Dennis Clarke <dcla...@blastwave.org> wrote:
> On 05/23/2017 11:42 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 2017-05-19 at 14:22 -0500, William A Rowe Jr wrote:

>>> My own vote, I suspect it has enjoyed 2/3 of the scrutiny needed
>>> to be called the "best available release" and should be ready to
>>> release soon, but not as soon as 1.6.1 tag is needed.
>>

>> I see you've done the deed.  Thanks.
>>
>> Do you want to follow up by rolling the RC?  I can do it, but
>> I'm laid up with a 'lurgy, so it may be a day or two before I'm
>> fit for any such thing.
>

> Just before the great tarball release to the world mind if I have
> another compile and test run with my C99 POSIX strict solaris compilers?
>
> Dennis Clarke
>
> ps: I assume there is a pre-release tarball hanging around

Keep your eyes on this thread.

Note I'll first announce that you can/should feel free to checkout
the branch, run ./buildconf and treat the results as a tarball.
There won't be a 'tarball' before we bake 1.6.1 (which may or may
not ultimately be released.) You can still retest 1.6.0 which will not
be released, from the project's http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ tree.

Then keep your eyes out for a [VOTE] thread, we typically have
a three day window of vetting and voting, and although only PMC
votes are 'counted', other community votes -are- strongly considered
by those voters, so yes, testing either and both times is always
appreciated. Thanks!