First off, thanks all who have contributed to the 1.6.0 -> 1.7.0 evolution
in some large or small way. Secondly, thanks to all who reviewed.

Steffan's concerns are noted, and the resolution does not appear to be
binary breakage, so we should be safe. Shout loudly and quickly if I
misunderstood. It's concerning that we should possibly re-describe
this mechanism as a 64-less-one-bit unsigned API. For the purposes
it was imagined for, I expect it's sufficient.

My own tests are largely on Fedora and I'm +1 on the result, and very
grateful for Gregg for the windows dsp/makefile refresh. I observed
Yann's feedback which I agree with on the change of locking priority
in the announcement, I'm still hoping someone from the Netware
maintainers community will comment on that specific communication
in the draft Announcement before it goes out tomorrow.

So with all this said, the vote passes unanimously, and I'm moving
the files to release/ about 10 minutes late, and will announce when
the mirrors have populated tomorrow. Again, thanks everyone, we
can start a fresh thread on apr-util 1.next, or the entire kitchen sink
of releasing 2.0 on the tail of this small effort.

Cheers,

Bill