Hi all,

Disclaimer: I don’t have time to do this right now, but at some point soon I
would like to get something like this done.

I propose the creation of, in addition to apr and apr-util, the apr-tools
project.

apr-tools would contain a series of command line tools that correspond with
many of the capabilities of the apr library. Such tools might include:

- escape: A tool that can escape and unescape data based on the apr_escape.h
API.
- encode: A tool that can encode/decode based on the apr_encode API.
- dbd: A tool that can perform database queries through the apr_dbd astraction,
etc.
- etc

The expectation would be that these tools would provide common, cross platform
(unix, Mac, Windows, etc) command line tools that are designed to get stuff
done in a common, sensible way.

First question is thoughts? Bonkers? Good idea?

Second question is structure. Part of APR? Alongside APR?

Regards,
Graham
—