you got most of it right :). You would need to follow these steps:
1. Install the adapter
2. Using ARIA, Install the wagon of the plugin.
3. Utilize the corresponding plugin.yaml found in the repo in your
templates.

The reason the adapter does not come with ARIA is it's an adapter for
Cloudify based plugins, and hence it cannot be a part of the ARIA code
base.
In the future ARIA would have its own plugins, and will not need the
adapter for Cloudify plugins.