Yes, I believe you've got the idea.  The original "server" arg is defined
as a map/dict.  TOSCA of course requires something somewhat more explicit.
I'm working around it by adding the following to Server datatype:

  aria.openstack.datatypes.Server:
      openstack Server args.
    properties:
      server:
        type: map
        required: false
        entry_schema:
          type: string
      security_groups:
        type: list
        entry_schema: string
        required: false
      availability_zone:
        type: string
        required: false

I have my own copy of the plugin.yaml file that I'm making changes to so
things will work for me, so this is fine.  I think the PR needs to go
beyond this, and ensure that all potential parameters are defined ( or at
least the parameters that the Openstack plugin recognizes).