Vish and I spent a couple of hours earlier this week breaking down
ARIA-309
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIA-309
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIA-309>) in an effort to update the
“Getting
Started” materials for the project.  There was some fruitful discussion on the
list
between myself first, then Vish and then Brian Sullivan on what was out-of-date
in the instructions and materials. I’ve captured what I think are those actual
items
in the updated Jira item and will start working on these shortly (and would love
some help too).  Vish/Brian at a minimum, please go back and verify that what
is in
here is accurate, but I encourage everyone else to do so too.  If you do want
go through these items literally, please invoke a virgin dev environment so
that things
are not working from a previous build/use.

        Thanks!

        —Tom